CCJAM (Community Creative Jam) is a community event initiative that promotes arts and creativity. Based in Toronto, our concept is open mic for all creative disciplines, levels and ages. This includes “non fine-arts” disciplines, for example cooking and home decoration. Professional artists, families, hobbyists, emerging artists, and children are all welcome.
We would like to:
- provide a safe and inclusive space for individuals of all levels and ages to share their craft/work and stories – everyone is creative!
- provide an opportunity for artists to network and improve their professional development
- promote community engagement through healthy and artistic activities
- raise awareness about creative expressions to the general public regardless of social and cultural background
- connect the public to local artists at events that are accessible and inviting
We believe that everyone is creative – everyone has the ability to create in any medium they choose. One can achieve a healthy and balanced lifestyle by expressing themselves in a safe, supportive, and accessible space.
Typical event programming
All events are open mic style (or you can call it show-and-tell) with ice-breakers and simple collective activities. We invite guest artists to perform the opening or table their artwork. At each event, we customize our theme and activities to suit participants’ interests. The atmosphere we would like to create is casual, positive, safe, supportive, and most importantly creative!
Our events are mostly free or pay-what-you-can. It will be a potluck when the venue permits, otherwise we will provide light refreshments.
Currently we host events quarterly. We are working towards hosting it as often as once a month. Please check our NEWS section for upcoming dates and locations!
We host events across Toronto independently and by partnering with various organizations. We work mostly with arts organizations, community centres, non-profits organizations and local businesses. If you are interested in partnering with us, please do not hesitate to drop us a line!
We “tour” across Toronto neighborhoods including the downtown core, North York, West Queen West, Scarborough, East End, Weston-Mt Dennis, and other surrounding neighborhoods.
We work hard to make sure our event venues are wheelchair accessible, safe, children-friendly, and TTC accessible.